- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years’ experience in a related trade.
- Ability to read and understand basic electrical/hydraulic schematics.
- Ability to read Allen Bradley PLC code to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to adjust a PLC timer value to achieve desired result
- Must have own set of hand tools common to the trade.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field
- Previous work experience in an Airport environment.
- Strong hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting experience.
- State and/or ASE certification in automotive and diesel repair or associated field.
- 5+ years’ experience directly related to applicable position (i.e. GSE, conveyor, bridge, etc)
- 4+ years’ direct experience in a GSE Airport shop environment.
- 3 + years’ experience working in a CMMS.
- 3 years’ experience in mentoring, guiding and directing employees in a similar job group.
- 3 years’ experience in Leadership in a related field.
- Knowledge of general workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Supervisory experience in and Airport environment.
- OSHA 10 or 30 Certification
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), E-Mail, scanning and copying equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able obtain and maintain an Airport Security badge
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Company’s insurance policy
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands of this position vary by day and are not based solely on a single workday.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Stoop
Bend or Kneel
10 lbs or less
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity less than 5% of the time
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements: Vision (Near, Distance), Hearing
Varies between an office environment as well as all areas located on Airport property. May be around dust, dirt and noise levels below OSHA minimum requirements
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, abilities and physical demands. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. By signing below, I acknowledge and affirm that I have read, understand and discussed any problems that I may have fulfilling the duties outlined in the above job description with the Manager of Human Resources.