- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Minimum of 1 year of basic mechanical experience
- Must have own set of hand tools common to the trade
- Previous work experience in an Airport environment.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to equipment repair.
- Knowledge of general workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Certification in MIG welding (Metal Inert Gas)
- Knowledge in the use of Oxyacetylene cutting methods
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and concisely.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge. Ability to log in retrieve and answer emails and take training.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able obtain and maintain an Airport Security badge
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Company’s insurance policy
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands of this position vary by day and are not based solely on a single workday.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Stoop
Bend or Kneel
10 lbs or less
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity less than 5% of the time
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements: Vision (Near, Distance), Hearing
Will work in a mechanics shop, in conditions that may contain dust, dirt and continual noise that is below OSHA’s action level. Must have the ability to work outside for extended periods, in weather extremes.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.