- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 3 years of previous mechanical or electrical experience and 1+ years PLC Logic and HVAC controls experience
- Must have valid EPA Section 608 Universal refrigerant handling certification
- Minimum 3 years of previous basic electrical and/or electronic systems work experience
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Previous work experience in an Airport environment.
- Previous experience working on conveyors and/or passenger boarding bridges
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and engineering drawings.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in an industrial environment.
- HVAC, welding/ brazing, and/or plumbing knowledge and skills
- 4+ years industrial mechanical and/or electrical background
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with PLC logic, industrial electrical controls (troubleshooting and repair), and/or Industrial HVAC certification
- Advanced computer skills
- Ability to operate a forklift and scissor lift safely according to ELS standards
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Power Point.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able obtain and maintain an Airport Security badge
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Company’s insurance policy
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands of this position vary by day and are not based solely on a single workday.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Stoop
Bend or Kneel
10 lbs or less
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity less than 5% of the time
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements: Vision (Near, Distance), Hearing
Works under the Airport Terminal, in conditions that may contain dust, dirt and continual noise that is below OSHA’s action level.