- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum 4 years of previous mechanical or electrical experience
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Previous work experience in an Airport environment.
- Previous experience working on conveyors and/or passenger boarding bridges
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and engineering drawings.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in an industrial environment.
- Minimum 4 years of previous basic electrical and/or electronic systems work experience.
- 5+ years industrial mechanical and/or electrical background
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with PLC logic, industrial electrical controls (troubleshooting and repair), and/or Industrial HVAC certification
- Advanced computer skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience mentoring/guiding and directing maintenance personnel
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able obtain and maintain an Airport Security badge
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Company’s insurance policy
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
Works under the Airport Terminal, in conditions that may contain dust, dirt and continual noise that is below OSHA’s action level
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.