- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to pass a basic aptitude test.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be dependable and maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Previous work experience in an Airport environment.
- Good knowledge of industrial safety.
- Ability to work in tight and high spaces with proper PPE.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Previous mechanical experience.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Outlook)
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Ability to function well in a small group and also independently
- Ability to interpret changes and understand color codes for the baggage system displays
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on a 2-way radio
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge. Ability to log in, retrieve and answer emails and take training.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able obtain and maintain an Airport Security badge
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Company’s insurance policy
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
Works in the terminal bag room in conditions that is exposed to hot, cold, and occasionally wet weather. The environment contains dust, dirt, and a continual noise level that may occasionally require the use of hearing protection. Use of proper PPE is required.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.